<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: Felt Road patrol kit

Monday, March 19, 2012

Felt Road patrol kit

My nephew Kyle just turned 2.  After making homemade gifts for his brothers and sisters I, of course had to make something fun and creative for him as well!


Some of my other gifts I have made some of the other children in Kyle's family include:

Adam's homemade detective kit
Audrey's Play Pizzeria
Audrey's Madeline Costume
Adam's Red box gift set

I made Kyle " Officer Kyle's patrol kit"

Although this gift is a little advanced for a 2 year old, I know Kyle will get help on how to use it from his three older brothers and older sister. 



I purchased 1 yard of felt and cut them into pieces of road. I made them all the same size by using my first cut piece of road as a guide for all my other pieces.


I made the road lines with yellow 3d Puff paint.


I wanted this gift to be interactive.  I found images of road signs online. Printed them out and glued them on the back of craft foam to make them sturdy.


I packed them all in a box and also included a Hot Wheels police car.


Included instructions.



I packed them all up in a plastic container.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At March 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Jess- getSNAZZY.com said...

I love homemade gifts! I bet he loved it. I found you on Tip Junkie. I'm following you on Pinterest now :)

 
At March 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Carla's Cards said...

What a great idea, thanks for sharing!
carla-writes.blogspot.com

 
At March 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Such a cute idea!! I love this!! Please come link up at our link party going on right now...junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2012/03/link-it-up-wednesday-21.html

 
At March 21, 2012 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

This is so simple and cute! Love it! Thanks for linking to Handmade Tuesdays!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Heather @ Camp Slop said...

What a cute idea! I really love the homemade road signs. Thank you for sharing!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM , Blogger RedBettySummer said...

How cool! This is such a fun activity. Thanks for sharing.

 
At March 23, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Jill Schrader said...

Fun idea. Will have to do it when my little one gets older!

 
At March 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Denise Marie said...

Sweet idea. I might do something cool like this for my pre-k class for community helpers theme.

 
At March 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM , Blogger The Checkered Apple said...

Such a very cute and easy project! I like that it all went inside the plastic container too!

 
At March 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Sewing Miles of Smiles said...

That is really awesome!

Dona
sewingmilesofsmiles.blogspot.com

 
At March 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM , Blogger LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

This is a great gift idea!! Just posted on Craft Gossip, thanks for submitting:)

http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=5784

 
At July 5, 2012 at 5:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I followed your directions to make a gift for my nephew and posted about it here
http://eclecticlamb.com/2012/07/05/felt-road-gift/

 
At July 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM , Blogger EllenSand said...

Hi there :)
I have made 'roads' to my boys after I found your blog on Totally Tutorials. Thanks a lot for shearing your ideas :)
I made my road of syntethic leather. To fix the roads to the floor, I used glue-spray under them. It works very fine.
Ellen :)

 
At October 18, 2012 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Dawn Chandler said...

This will e an awesome gift for my little Hot Wheels lovers! Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home